"Money Talks 'n' Bullshit Walks" - Ozzie Myers
John H. Fisher
2007-06-20 17:18:32 UTC
"Money Talks 'n' Bullshit Walks"

Reflecting on the words of the great Philadelphia philosopher (Ozzie
Myers), is it likely, in this GREAT DEMOCRACY, that the powers that be
(or will be) have all that is necessary (MONEY) to dumb down the
masses so that they will continue to vote against their own best
interests??
h***@bbs.cpcn.com
2007-06-20 19:35:13 UTC
Post by John H. Fisher
"Money Talks 'n' Bullshit Walks"
Reflecting on the words of the great Philadelphia philosopher (Ozzie
Myers), is it likely, in this GREAT DEMOCRACY, that the powers that be
(or will be) have all that is necessary (MONEY) to dumb down the
masses so that they will continue to vote against their own best
interests??
What are you babbling about? In the recent mayoral primary, a less
funded candidate defeated wealthier ones.

I suspect the Republican candidate in the fall will be well funded but
he'll still lose enormously.

I think the real issue is that what YOU think are someone's "best
interests" is not necessarily what other people think they are.
John H. Fisher
2007-06-20 21:18:06 UTC
Post by h***@bbs.cpcn.com
Post by John H. Fisher
"Money Talks 'n' Bullshit Walks"
Reflecting on the words of the great Philadelphia philosopher (Ozzie
Myers), is it likely, in this GREAT DEMOCRACY, that the powers that be
(or will be) have all that is necessary (MONEY) to dumb down the
masses so that they will continue to vote against their own best
interests??
What are you babbling about? In the recent mayoral primary, a less
funded candidate defeated wealthier ones.
I suspect the Republican candidate in the fall will be well funded but
he'll still lose enormously.
I think the real issue is that what YOU think are someone's "best
interests" is not necessarily what other people think they are.
Immediately, I believe EVERYONE's "best interest" would be to get rid
of the current administration as soon as possible. Although it may be
impossible, due what the coup has managed to achieve, I'd have them
deposed sooner than later. Impeachment, I know, is quite a long
shot!!!

As for the funding of the Nutter campaign (I did not have local
politics in mind), you may be correct. I don't have those figures to
compare. I live in a VERY MIXED NEIGHBORHOOD. The signs for Nutter
were as abundant as those for Brady (for instance). Knox had a great
deal of money which wasn't enough to get the support he needed.

I did have national politics in mind. My original thought came about
when considering the current presidential campaign which may bring out
the likes of Mike Bloomberg who has enough money to upset the national
election (diminishing the Democrat vote 'cause the Republican coup,
along with Theocratic influences, is so damaged there is little
opportunity (other than control of the voting process) for them to
have any success). We're aware of such influence as Ralph Nader when
we view the results of the Y2K election in Florida.

$500,000,000, not counting any outside contributions, is a lot of
propaganda power!!!-:) I'd rather see him contribute it to Israel,
after all funding, by this nation, using US taxpayer money to fund it,
IS STOPPED!!!

There's a heck of a BIG difference between what Knox had to spend and
what Nutter, the Democrat Party, or any of the others had to spend,
when compared to the likes of Bloomberg.

The Democrat Party, for my money, is out best bet and LAST great
hope!!! It's obvious that, under this administration, rights are
diminished, fear is used as a tool, hate campaigns prevail, an illegal
war (and occupation) prevail, loss of respect, throughout the world,
is evident, prosperity is a farce (except for a few), inflation runs
rampant, the pirates continue to assert themselves (with the lives of
our patriotic military et al) as it persists in tryng to gain control
of the assets of others.

BTW - How did Bloomberg attain to such great wealth??? I do admit
that he appears to be a person of the people who manages to
intermingle with his constituents. According to news reports, he
travels on the subway (saving gas, etc), daily. However, there is no
mention of the costs of security for him to do so)!!!=:)
John H. Fisher
2007-06-20 23:06:51 UTC
Post by h***@bbs.cpcn.com
Post by John H. Fisher
"Money Talks 'n' Bullshit Walks"
Reflecting on the words of the great Philadelphia philosopher (Ozzie
Myers), is it likely, in this GREAT DEMOCRACY, that the powers that be
(or will be) have all that is necessary (MONEY) to dumb down the
masses so that they will continue to vote against their own best
interests??
What are you babbling about? In the recent mayoral primary, a less
funded candidate defeated wealthier ones.
I suspect the Republican candidate in the fall will be well funded but
he'll still lose enormously.
I think the real issue is that what YOU think are someone's "best
interests" is not necessarily what other people think they are.
fusion, in another newgroup, reflects as follows;

in my humble opinion and pardon my grammar, in http://www.c-span.org/
radio,TV,Internet there was a very important question by a caller
to the Washington Journal program 7-10 a.m. EST : the discussion on
the program and the political arena in general about USA Elected
Officials with dual citizenship, which is perfectly legal for private
taxpayers but it affects the USA Constitution directly and makes it
un-
constitutional when it involves elected officials who would have to
choose which country they want to represent first: this is clearly
defined in the USA Constitution as illegal and high treason, and of
course, the host on June,20,07 and her editors in that great channel
c-
span ,which is run by the American Enterprise Institute,AIPAC and
their leader for networks, Glassman, will dissmise the issue and
never
approach it ,and my question to you all Americans: are we going to go
into the 2008 Elections without approaching this vital issue for
fear?
are we going to stand still? are you ?

b) there is a group of dual citizenship Congress members , Senator
Lieberman,R.Emanuel,R.Lantos, and others who have dual rights: when
they go to Israel, they have the rights of every israeli citizen, in
the USA, they are USA citizens, like in the case of R.Lowry,R.
Harman,R. Ackerman,Mayor Bloomberg, Chairman
Fed.Bernanke,S.Schumer,State C.Silver,etc.,etc., and if a christian
Congress member would have dual citizenship, American and European,
can you imagine the scandal ?, and in the case of Bernanke and
Lieberman,Chertoff and others in DC, they are also ordained rabbies
and/or elected members in their faith, can you imagine a priest or
cardinal running for the House or Senate? as a christian i would
object very strongly, i think is un-constitutional to have church
members in Elected office, so why not a public debate about this
issue
like the caller to c-span asked?

c) the program on that morning was about Bloomberg running for
office, and the tone was insulting, the host repeated 3 times the
same
question : dont you think a wealthy candidate can win elections? and
some callers were at the same level of the insulting question:
yeaaahhh! Bloomberg's got lots of money, he is good for office, he
and
Nader ( the 2 are israeli-americans with dual citizen rights) can do
it, one's got the money ,the other the brains.....and so on.... so
clearly, when 30 % of the voters have this intelligence
level:"....rich people and money is good for leaders, yeaahhh !...."
we are heading into very big trouble, any criminal with lots of money
will get the votes of this 30 % block of voters, that's a disaster
ready to happen, how do we avoid the crash ?

d) some callers mention that Bloomberg, like Giuliani and Romney ,
has
flip-flopped 2 or 3 times, in the case of Bloomberg, he went from
Democrat for many years to Republican to be the only one in the
elections to now Independent,and with Schumer and Emanuel during 2002
and 2003, they were pushing the country to attack Iraq every day on
TV,radio and newspapers, where is the responsability? why they dont
mention that now? they even pretend to be anti-war and anti-surge!
what a pack of liars ! but hey! they work for their faith, homeland
and Army , the State of Israel, and if no one says anything, who is
worst ?
h***@bbs.cpcn.com
2007-06-21 14:12:31 UTC
Post by John H. Fisher
defined in the USA Constitution as illegal and high treason, and of
course, the host on June,20,07 and her editors in that great channel
Here we go again, Senator McCarthy...
Post by John H. Fisher
if a christian
Congress member would have dual citizenship, American and European,
can you imagine the scandal ?
Your bigoty and racism is coming through loud and clear. You single
out one and only one group out of MANY groups that have dual
citizenship ability.
Post by John H. Fisher
and/or elected members in their faith, can you imagine a priest or
cardinal running for the House or Senate?
A minister represented Delaware County in Congress for many years.
I'm sure there were other ministers or priests active in politics and
holding elected office locally and nationally. But once again you
single out only one group, ignoring others.

Why don't you just come out and say what you really mean? You don't
want any Jews holding national office, right?

The lies you spew about Jewish people are nothing new, by the way.
John H. Fisher
2007-06-23 02:00:53 UTC
Post by John H. Fisher
and/or elected members in their faith, can you imagine a priest or
cardinal running for the House or Senate?
A minister represented Delaware County in Congress for many years.
I'm sure there were other ministers or priests active in politics and
holding elected office locally and nationally. But once again you
single out only one group, ignoring others.
Why don't you just come out and say what you really mean? You don't
want any Jews holding national office, right?
The lies you spew about Jewish people are nothing new, by the way.
PLEASE give me ONE instance of a "LIE" I have spewed about Jewish
people??? Sadly, I think you take the verbiage of others and
attribute it to me.

As for those who run for public office, I wouldn't care what their
ethnicity as long as I felt confident they were more interested in the
welfare of the people of this nation than that of their alternate
nations. In this country, I might endorse a Hindu, Muslim, Jew,
Catholic, Wickans, Black, White, Yellow (or any combination thereof).
That covers race, religion or color. Those who toy with the appetites
with which nature has endowed them are not a source of my prejudice
when it comes to voting. I might also support someone whose ancestry
goes back to the most remote jungle in the world to those who might
come from the most advanced societies.

I grew up in a Jewish neighborhood, worked for Jewish people, lived
with Jewish people, was born in the house my family shared with a
Jewish doctor, and always held them in high regard. They had a great
deal to do with my growing up and coming to an understanding of the
beauty in their ways. I was the little goi boy who lit their stoves
on the Sabbath and helped them in making the chicken soup. I've
supported Jewish politicians and was groomed, in my early years, by
many of them. I have LOVED Jewish people, as I have those of any
other group that might come to mind. That I deplore the thoughts, and
actions, of some, I've always tried to separate ill regard from the
whole. Not all Jews agree with me. Nor do ALL Jews disagree with
me!!! And not ALL JEWS impugn my motives!!-:)

Shalom!!!-:)
mcs